What should kids know about bullying in schools by the detail?
There are some reasons why bullying at school occurs, but the fact is bullying intentionally hurt others. For safety reasons, it is essential for children as well as adults to fully understand how bad the results of bullying can be. with our guide to facts about harassment.
- There are more than 3.2 million students who are victims of a bully each year.
- One reason why 160,000 students skip school each day is that of bullying.
- About 1 out of every 10-student’s population drop out of college is due to being repeatedly bullied.
- 90% of school population especially 4th- 8th grade has reported being bullied at school.
- 1 out of every four teachers do not see anything wrong with bullying in schools and only intervene about 4% of the time
- About 56% of all students have personally witnessed bullying of some form while at school
- Approximately 71% of all students report bullying incidents are a problem at their school
- In schools, an estimated 40%-75% of harassment takes place during breaks, hallways, or in the restrooms.
- It is likely that if someone was bullied in school, they would also be bullied in the workforce.
- 30% of students who say they have been bullied said they sometimes had brought weapons to school.
- Every day, 160,000 students skip school because they are afraid they will be bullied.
- Being offensive and strict parents are equally likely to have children who bully.
- According to disability, harassment, civil, and criminal laws, bullying can be a crime.
- Bullying has significant consequences. Being targeted at school by a bully can have significant consequences. Harassment may result in some issues including depression, eating disorders, post-traumatic stress disorder and even thoughts of suicide. It is essential that parents and teachers should thoroughly educate and conduct awareness that bullying causes a sizeable negative impact on a person. The student must be aware of what consequences may happen if they bully.
Regarding what kind of bullying in schools, to stop this, educating kids is a useful way of creating a safe learning-friendly environment school. The more attention everyone is willing to put into the issue, the more likely it is that bullying will be avoided and resolved, allowing every child to obtain a quality education without fear of how the other students will treat them. Don’t let your children be afraid to go to school.